Nest Protect S3005PWLUS Hard Wired Wi-Fi Enabled Smoke/CO Detector- Pro Series
It’s time to expect more from your smoke alarm.
The new Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has an industrial-grade smoke sensor, tests itself automatically, and lasts up to a decade. It's also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And just like the original Nest Protect, it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone. Meet the all-new Nest Protect. The smoke alarm other alarms look up to.
- Nest Protect has a friendly human voice that gives you an early warning. That way you can handle burning toast before it becomes a burning toaster.
- The foam and particle board in much of today’s furniture make fires burn faster. Technology should keep up. The new Split‑Spectrum Sensor uses two wavelengths of light to detect smoke from both fast-burning and smoldering fires.
- You’re supposed to test smoke alarms monthly. But 9 out of 10 people don’t. So Nest Protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day. And it’s the first alarm that uses Sound Check to quietly test its speaker and horn once a month.
- Carbon monoxide is poisonous but you can’t see it or smell it. That’s why Nest Protect has the most accurate type of carbon monoxide sensor available. We also improved our carbon monoxide sensing algorithm. And we’ll keep working to make it better and better because people depend on it.
- No one should be woken up by a low-battery chirp at 2am. When you turn off the lights, look for a quick green glow. That’s our Nightly Promise. It means all your Nest Protects have tested themselves, the batteries are good, and there won’t be any chirps. Sweet dreams.
- Heating systems can cause carbon monoxide leaks or spread smoke through your home in a fire. In an emergency, Nest Protect tells your Nest Thermostat to turn off the heat to keep the danger from spreading.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
does this work as a fire/heat detector?
The Nest has sensors to handle Both CO and Smoke. Fire would be detected through the smoke detection solely. It is not equip with Heat detection.